Friday, March 30, 2012

A Lot to Tell

I wake up to start my day like everyone else. I put my pants on one leg at a time. I attach a smile on my face, sometimes because I have to and sometimes I really mean it. I realize that each day is to bring new encounters, adventures, and up and downs. I still have a lot of my story to tell though...

I think about what I can give back today. To a friend. To a total stranger. To someone I haven't talked to in years. Will it be a kind word?  A nice email? A smile in passing? A hug? Anything to give a little love. I try to give these small "gifts" daily, though sometimes it is difficult to get them back. I am not looking for it, just aware. But I still have a lot of my story to tell...

I think failure is a blessing in disguise. And I have had many. I think it is a chance to test our faith. Our strength. It is a chance to get off a beaten path and take a new one. We may find exactly what we have been looking for all along. We may never look back. We may lose some people along the way, and gain great ones. Who knows? That is the blessing of failure and then jumping into the unknown. But I still have a lot of my story to tell...

I am a dreamer. I doodle in notebooks and in my calender. My to-do lists are covered with hearts, flowers, or faces I come up with in my head. I daydream. A lot. And I think it's good for you. It lets you find out what you are really searching for. Make sure when you do it, you dream big. Don't hold anything back. Let your imagination run wild and free. Get creative and don't let anyone tell you your ideas are stupid, unrealistic, or childish. They are your ideas and dreams. I still have a lot of my story to tell though...

I am a victim. I am a survivor. I am a role model. I am my own hero. I have been beaten to the ground, figuratively speaking and literally, yet I managed to get back up. I have told my story to those willing to listen. I hope I have told some of the right people who can take my story to heart and help themselves or someone else. My past is in my past. It does not define who I am now nor will it ever define who I am as a person. It has helped me create tough skin and raise my standards for friends and loved ones. I am so thankful for this aspect of it. Nothing but positive energy surrounding me now. Make sure you talk to your friends and loved ones on a deep level sometimes. You never know who is struggling or suffering underneath their smile they fake when they wake up in the morning. You could be the difference to help them create a new and positive life. I still have a lot of my story to tell though...

I am a friend. I am a daughter. A dancer. Procrastinator. A work in progress. Dog lover. Runner. Cook. Blogger. Student. Hard worker. A healer. Survivor. An inspiration. I wear many hats but sometimes it is hard figuring out which one to wear when I am deciding whether to wear my fake or real smile. Which will hide my pain and my story the most and which will show my true colors? Everyday is different. Every day brings new fears of new unknowns.

I like dancing, laughing, working out, cooking, and traveling. I am a new fan of brussel sprouts and Indian food. I enjoy making scrapbooks and giving gifts to people who may be down. I like cheering people up and being a positive person in someone's life. I love sports and enjoy being "one of the guys." I really do like long walks on the beach. I am just trying to find an ear to listen to my story and a hand to hold on my journey...walking on my own two feet...






Until the next step bloggers...

No comments:

Post a Comment