Thursday, May 26, 2011

"Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Happy Thursday bloggers! It has been disgustingly hot here in Maryland which means bad hair days (for me at least!) Having extremely thick hair does not always work out in my favor! I have been trying to keep up with the bad weather going on in the Midwest/south. I have already donated many items to the Red Cross and have been sending prayers and thoughts to everyone I know down there.

Last night I had a "Girls Night Out" with some friends in Fells Point- amazing time! We wanted to start the summer off on the right foot so we headed to The Red Star in Fells Point for their $5 Martini night. It was nice to have girl talk and dodge rude guys.

Kind of small but you get the picture (no pun intended!)



This week I wanted to highlight the next ingredient/nutrient on my list:


Amylase

  • A group of enzymes that function is to breakdown sugar and starch.
  • It digests carbohydrates units, eventually converting them into sugar. 
  • Can be used as an anti-inflammatory!
  • It is present in your saliva!
  • Made in your body by the pancreas!


I also wanted to give a shout out to some amazing giveaways some of your fellow bloggers are having:

Courtney at Sweet Tooth Sweet Life is giving away a $10 to 2 lucky winners to use for Goji cookies! Hurry! It ends today!

Beth at Beth's Journey is giving away a freebie swag bag of things she picked up from the Fitbloggin Convention last weekend!

Amanda at Eats, Love, and Happiness is giving away a "I<3 DC" running tshirt! Who doesn't love DC and running??


Good luck if you choose to enter!



I hope you all are enjoying your day and your week is going by quickly!

What is everyone doing for the holiday weekend?? Are you going to enter the giveaways??


*\o/* This is my "cheerleader" and she is sending all of you positive thoughts and energy to be able to get through the rest of the week with poise, happiness, and a sense of accomplishment...and of course...on your own two feet...




Until the next step bloggers...


No comments:

Post a Comment