Anyway, before I begin I must tell you the rules:
- Post these rules.
- Post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions the person who tagged you set for you in their post.
- Tag 11 new people to participate.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog/Twitter/Facebook and tell them you’ve tagged them.
Here We Go!...
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I am probably one of the most spirited people you will meet! Whether it was for my high school teams, college teams, or any sporting event I go to, I always make sure to be decked out. I don't care that I lose my voice or that my ears are ringing for days afterward, I always show my friends and my teams the support they deserve!
2. I broke my wrist in 3rd grade falling off the monkey bars. The worst part was it was my writing hand so I had to learn to be a lefty for about 2 months! It was waterproof though so I enjoyed being able to take a shower, swim, etc. without needing a bag over it! I went to Disney World when I had the cast on and while watching a parade, one of the Green Army men from Toy Story came over and signed my cast "Green Army Man." I still have the cast :)
3. I used to play the clarinet...and was pretty good at it. I started playing in 4th grade and quickly realized how easy it was to play and to read music. I became 1st chair every year and in 6th grade went to NYC to audition for Disney's Young Musicians Symphony Orchestra. I did not make it but I did make All County Band three years in a row and was a first alternate for All State Band :)
4. I like Dunkin' Donuts coffee better than Starbucks. Sure if a Starbucks is the first one I see I head into it to get my caffeine fix but I secretly like Dunkin' better. Almost everyday I drive by one and almost everyday I stop in when I hear it calling my name. Hazelnut with cream and sugar is what I usually get from Dunkin' :)
5. I saw Titanic four times in the movie theater when it first came out. And I cried every time. Nowadays with it being on TV and coming back into theaters every April, it is kind of annoying. Sure, it's a great love story but come on, it's kind of redundant now.
6. The place I would love to go to more than anything would be Italy and Greece. I would love to go check out my heritage and see where my family came from. Plus, both countries are so rich with history and culture that there would just be SO much to see!
7. My first official job was when I was 14 and it was a candy store! Talk about temptation! We were allowed to eat whatever we wanted... I stuck to eating all of the red Sour Patch kids but what a great job it was!
8. I learned to drive a manual car when I was 19. I wished it would have been sooner but I didn't get my first manual until I was 19. It was very hard to learn but I am so glad that I did! Let's just say I stalled out many times...especially on hills, which may not be the best place to stall out. After knowing how to drive both automatic and manual, I think I will stick with automatic...
9. I miss my grandmother everyday. She died semi-suddenly back in November and I am still numb about it. Thankfully, I was there with her when her heart beat for the last time, holding her hand and talking to her (you hearing is the last sense to go), but it still is hard sometimes. She helped raise me as my mom was a young, single parent trying to support us. She was always someone who supported me and I could count on to be at every dance recital, band concert, major accomplishment in my life, etc.
10. I have all dominant genes. My mom likes to call me the "Alpha-Female" because simply put, I have all dominant genes and she doesn't. What are my dominant genes? Brown eyes, brown hair, right-handedness, Widow's peak in my hair, dimples, unattached earlobes, can roll my tongue, etc. Weird I know but hey, we said 11 "random" things about myself...
11. My friends are better than yours. No really. I have found the most amazing group of girls that live close to me that I never would have found had it not been for social media websites and Tone It Up. I look forward to talking with them everyday and allowing myself to be inspired to live a healthier, happier life because of them. I love our get-togethers every month and every week, especially when we talk about the most random things. I know I can tell them anything without being judged, mocked, or made fun of which is something I think is rare to find in a "friend." I cannot wait to see what other kind of crazy adventures we get ourselves into and cannot imagine what I would do without them now!
Now its the time to answer the questions those lovely ladies asked of me:
1. What is one thing on my bucket list that you want to cross off in 2012?
Honestly I think I would have to say skydiving. I have always wanted to do it and just never have had the opportunity. Heights has never been a problem for me, I actually love them- you see so much more! I hoping some LivingSocial deals or Groupon deals become available to do it. My surgery is taking away a good chunk of the year so I would love to cross skydiving off later in the fall! :)
2. You're at Starbucks. What do you order?
IF I was at Starbucks which is the big question... But I would order a skinny nonfat caramel macchiato. Depending on how tired I am I may ask for an extra shot of espresso! :)
3. If you could be on one TV show, reality or game, which one would you like to star in?
I would probably say Wheel of Fortune. I am really good at solving those puzzles at home, even when there are only like 3 letters up. I think I would do really well and have always wanted to go on but they never contact me :(
4. Ideal date?
"That's a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket."
5. A bad habit that you want to get rid of but just can't?
I kicked it already! I used to bite my nails (since I could chew!) and I have finally grown them out to the point where I need to clip them constantly! Yay me!
6. What do your fingernails look like right now?
Speak of the devil...
French manicure on my REAL nails! Yay! I love being able to say that!
7. What's your favorite machine to use at the gym?
Great question! Honestly, it would be the cable machine. You can do so many exercises using that one machine. I am on it usually two or three times a week doing strength exercises. I try to show the boys up but usually I am in my own little world :)
8. If you had to pick a new language to learn, what would it be and why?
I am pretty good at Spanish. Though I am always learning, I took it for 6 years. I would love to go to Mexico and come back fluent in it. Spanish is the obvious answer since our country will be mainly Spanish within 20 years. If I had to choose another one I would say Italian. It is similar to Spanish but I just love the way it sounds :)
9. Where's your favorite place to buy a bathing suit?
Well, Victoria's Secret came to my mind first but I don't get many bathing suits from there. I like to have a variety so when I want to buy cheaper I get them from Target!
10. Zip Lining or Sky Diving?
Hmmm... can I answer this when I cross sky diving off my bucket list (hopefully this year)?? I have been zip lining many times but I would have to see what sky diving is like to compare the two!
11. What's your favorite thing to do when you procrastinate?
Now onto my questions:
1. What was your first car?
2. What's the best beauty tip you've ever gotten?
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
4. Best breakfast food ever?
5. What do you like to do on a typical day off?
6. What has been your biggest accomplishment thus far?
7. What were your New Years resolutions and are you sticking to them?
8. NYC or LA?
9. What was your first kiss like?
10. Grape or strawberry jelly (or jam)?
11. Coke or Pepsi? Coffee or tea?
Sorry peeps, but you gotta do it! Once you do it, post a comment with the link to your blog because I want to read them! If you have already done it – DO IT AGAIN! ButIe would love for you to still comment with a link of your questions so I can get to know you better
Can't wait to read all of your comments! Hope you all enjoy a relaxing Sunday...on your own two feet...
Until the next step bloggers...