Wednesday, December 7, 2011

7 Day Slim Down and 30 Day Shred!

Ok so by now you all probably know that I have been super excited to book my trip to LA/San Diego for next week. Well, any vacation you take has the same reaction: "Holy crap! I gotta get into shape!" Well, let me tell you, I have the answer!

Thanks to the wonderful trainers of Tone It Up and their amazing Nutrition Plan (No seriously...you should get it!) I decided to start their "7 Day Slim Down" exactly one week before leaving for California. I won't give away too many details (so you all can check out these ladies yourselves!) but I will keep you all updated in hopes it sparks some of you to either create a challenge of your own and to hold myself accountable during this week!


So here we go! Day #1! The beginning of my slim down!

This morning I woke up a little later than usual (9:15am). With my family issues and the semester coming to a close, I think I was just so sleep deprived. However, I woke up super excited because I knew today would be the start of my week long journey. After drinking a big glass of water, I hit the gym for some cardio. I mixed up some running, biking, the elliptical, and rowing. I can't stand staying on a treadmill for long periods of time. I get super bored without any scenery or a buddy to talk to.

Meal 1: Though my day started a little slower and later than usual, I made the amazing Slim Down Scramble!



Of course I had to have my coffee and some more water! Don't hate on my Ravens and Navy love :) !


2-3 hours later, time to eat again!


Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of it because it was THAT good. However, as my mid-morning afternoon snack, I sliced up half an apple, spread them with about a tablespoon of peanut butter, and threw some honey almond granola on top. YUMMY!! I could eat that all day!

I know that lean protein is so important in the process of losing and maintaining weight, but honestly? I get tired of the same dishes time and time again. Healthy salad + lean protein = win? Wrong! SO for my lunch and meal 3, I decided to opt on the meats (especially since I had peanut butter as part of my snack).

Yes Meal 3 for me was a salad but it was a salad I did not have before and I actually enjoyed it.

Spinach, chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, and pepper!

Do you like my reading material for lunch? I love getting these things in the mail--especially since Trader Joe's is less than 10 minutes away from my house!

After some cleaning and studying for finals (I have one tomorrow! Eek!), it was time for my favorite meal of the day-- PROTEIN SHAKE! Adding things like almond milk and almond butter make this drink super yummy and one of my favorite "meals" of the slim down.

I needed to get to the gym, of course, to burn this fat off! However, looking at the clock. I knew I would have to wait in line for every machine I wanted to use (I hate this!) so I went to the next best thing: Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I knew I would get a full body workout with her ass-kicking routines. In getting ready for my workout, I thought, "Why not do the 30 Day Shred as a challenge??" Why yes, Sarah, that's a great idea! So, let me ask you all this:

For those of you with the 30 Day Shred, would you like to join me on a 30 Day Challenge?? Let's see how great we can look after one month! We can do it!

With her great 3-2-1 technique in this DVD, I was definitely feeling my muscles burning in no time (Thank you weighted gloves and hand weights!) Her workout included strength, cardio, and abs...LOVE IT!

For dinner, I had some fish with light seasoning and some broccoli-- Lean and Green as K&K like to call it! I love fish and if I could I would eat it everyday!

And whoops! While making dinner (aka Meal 5) I totally forgot today was Wednesday which means I have class! Dinner to go! Thank goodness the class was short and it was a test prep for my final next week!

As I have been writing this post, I have been drinking my favorite:



Super yummy and definitely puts me in the holiday mood. Plus-- NO SUGAR, CAFFEINE, OR CALORIES! What more could you ask for??

All in all, Day 1 is complete and in the books. I am feeling good and plan on getting to bed early so I don't get hungry again and to catch up on my sleep!

Have you participated in a slim down? Are you going to join me in the 30 Day Challenge??

I will be back tomorrow for Day 2 updates, of course. Make sure you follow me on twitter as I update my followers and fellow Tone It Up sisters!


I am off to bed and going to prepare myself for Day 2. I am ready to conquer it...on my own two feet...



Until the next step bloggers...


No comments:

Post a Comment