Thursday, December 1, 2011

Friendsgiving!

Happy December everyone! Did you all enjoy your Thanksgiving?! (Which is my FAVORITE holiday!) Well, as most of you know my grandmother passed away on the 15th and her memorial service was on Saturday the 26th so my family did not have a traditional Thanksgiving. Leave it to the Baltimore Tone It Up Crew to change that though! We planned and created our very own Friendsgiving last week, something I needed and wanted to have.

You know how they say, "A picture is worth 1,000 words" ? Well, this is one of them...


Oh geez. This was part of our post-dinner photo shoot and we just had to do it.

This dinner was planned as a pot-luck, however, I don't believe I have ever seen so much food at a pot-luck before in my life. You might be wondering what was on our menu...brace yourselves...


  • Brie & pear bites

  • Butternut squash soup

  • Pesto, sun dried tomato & goat cheese pinwheels

  • Spinach salad

  • Honey roasted carrots

  • Zucchini pizza

  • Roasted veggies

  • Chorizo stuffed peppers

  • Chicken & Mediterranean salsa

  • Turkey & gravy

  • Broccoli

  • Green beans

  • Sweet potato pecan casserole

  • Buckwheat salad

  • Cranberry relish

  • Pumpkin roll

  • Pumpkin chocolate chip streusel muffins

  • Pumpkin pie & apple pie pops

  • Lots & lots of wine


  • (When I have more time, I will attach the recipes for each menu item.) Oh yes, we did a recipe swap and I think I came home with more papers than orientation day at my job.


    Either way, to say that I became full was an understatement. With plates looking something like this:


    -it was hard not to become STUFFED!!

    We needed to showcase the fact that we were thinking healthy thoughts after our wonderful dinner. What did we decide to do? Oh, just some casual planking...


    Yay us! All in all, it was an incredible night filled with good times, many laughs (happy squatting!), amazing friends, and lifelong memories. We have only 2 1/2 weeks until our Christmas party so more recipes and fun pictures are to come with these girls! I will leave you with more pictures:

    

    
    Licked our plates clean!
    Can't forget about Molly's damn Pie Pops :)

    Pumpkin and apple filled Pie Pops- thanks Molly!
    My pumpkin rolls that we killed! Delish!
    My amazing friends! Myself, Caitlin, Lauren, Jami, Molly, Mary, Brittany, Annie, and Kate!
    This is going to be our Christmas card...expect one soon!



    Thank you to Kate and Brittany for the pictures!



    Hope you all have set new December goals and are preparing to enter the new month...on your own two feet...



    Until the next step bloggers...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment