Tuesday, August 16, 2011

30 Days of Blogging: A Day in the Life Of...

This past week, I have had the house to myself. While this quiet environment will not last forever, I have soaked it in these last couple of days. Working in a hospital is different than a desk job, cashier, or even working from your own home. I have had many "odds and ends" jobs and nothing compares to the hours in a hospital. It is so physically and mentally draining that I cannot even describe it. After working just two nights (or sometimes days if I am getting overtime) I am dead to the world for at least a day.


I wanted to get a couple things done while I had the time to myself. First stop, the library. I don't know about you but I usually walk out of there with about 5 books every time. I love to read! I like suspense/mystery or drama. I have wanted to read the Hunger Games series that everyone keeps raving about but they are always checked out when I get there! (Damn these teens!)

One book included in my bunch is The Reservoir by John Milliken Thompson. I have heard good things about this one but see for yourself:

"On an early spring morning in Richmond, Virginia, in the year 1885, a young pregnant woman is found floating in the city reservoir. It appears that she has committed suicide, but there are curious clues at the scene that suggest foul play. As the identity of the woman, Lillie, is revealed, her dark family history comes to light. Soon the investigation focuses on her tumultuous affair with her cousin, Tommie Cluverius.

Tommie, an ambitious young lawyer, is the pride and joy of his family and the polar opposite of his brother Willie, a quiet, humble farmer. Though both men loved Lillie, it's Tommie's reckless affair that thrusts his family into the spotlight. Despite his grief, Willie remains loyal to his brother- a task that proves taxing as the investigation proceeds. Tommie's story finally ends in a riveting courtroom climax with a shocking conclusion."



It's based on a real crime so I am eager to start it!



My next stop was to Trader Joe's. I never really go in with a checklist when I go there. I just pick up things that sound interesting to me. My most favorite find this time? The tomato, pesto flatbread pizza! Yum! A around 400 calories, I am excited to have this as a dinner with some extra veggies on top!



Actually, I got all of my finds at Trader Joe's this time (Blueberry Muffin mix, apple granola bars, tomato/pesto pizza, fresh strawberries, cinnamon raisin bread, lean ground turkey meat, and whole grain tortillas with flaxseeds and rolled oats) all for under $20! Score!


Last but not least, was Petco to try and spoil my loveable muts. I have to get a toy for each of them when I go and I try to pick up some sale shirts/sweaters for when it gets cold out. I HATE dressing my dogs up but if it keeps them warm and is necessary, then I guess I can go along with it. Other than in the winter, you will not find me dressing up my dogs for anything. I try to spoil them as often as I can...they are great dogs, so why not?

My 7 year old Bearded Collie mix, Jake
Harley and Juliet, brother and sister yet she is more than half his size!


What did you do this weekend? What are some activities you like to do for yourself??



So as I sit here, still trying to play catch-up due to blocked websites and bad Internet connections, I am reminded how much I have loved sharing things with you all these last few weeks. I hope you stick around for the big "30 Days of Blogging" giveaway! Make sure you stay tuned...on your own two feet...







Until the next step bloggers...

No comments:

Post a Comment