Wednesday, August 3, 2011

30 Days of Blogging: Show Your Legs Some Love!

"Short shorts. Mini skirts. Bikini bottoms. Since rising temperatures (and hemlines) put the spotlight on your legs, it's time to get them in the best shape possible.

Luckily, you don't have to do a ton of complicated moves or invest in any fancy equipment to get your legs looking long and lean. These moves use a variation of the classic lunge to tone your lower half. Bring on the shorts!


The Workout

To lose fat and firm your thighs, there may be no better exercise than the multidimensional lunge. This moves hit legs and hips from every angle-helping eliminate muscle imbalances-while blasting fat and boosting cardiovascular fitness. Complete four or five rounds of the exercise, rest 60 seconds, and then repeat one more time.

Start by grabbing a pair of dumbbells and standing with your feet hip-width apart.

1. Lunge Forward



Keeping your torso upright, step forward with your right leg and lower your body until your front knee is bent at least 90 degrees and your back knee almost touches the floor. Push yourself back to the starting position and repeat with your left leg. Now move immediately to exercise 2.


2. Lunge Forward-Diagonal



Instead of stepping straight forward into a lunge, step out at a 45-degree angle. Complete a rep with each leg, then move on to exercise 3.


3. Lunge to the Side



Take a big step to the side with your right leg, then push your hips back, bend your right knee and lower your body until your right knee is bent at least 90 degrees. Push yourself back to start and repeat with your left leg. Move to exercise 4.


4. Lunge Backward-Diagonal


Instead of stepping straight forward into a lunge, step back at a 45-degree angle. Do a rep with each leg, then move on to exercise 5.


5. Lunge Backward



Instead of stepping forward into a lunge, step back into a lunge. Do a rep with each leg. That's one round. Now go back to exercise 1 and start over again!"  (Isn't Women's Health awesome?!)



Though this post is short, I am hoping it is as effective for you as it has been for me! As I have said before, playing soccer for more then 10 years and dancing forever, my legs have always been the most muscular part of my body. I got the "man legs" so to say. Legs are an important feature to tone for myself so I love doing these workouts even during work (trust me, it gets boring at 3am in a hospital...) I am hoping these work for you!

What part of your body is the most important for you to get fit??


Pretty soon, you'll be wearing those shorts, that skirt, that sundress, or in general just showing off those sexy legs with the satisfaction that you did it!...on your own two feet...






Until the next step bloggers...

1 comment:

  1. I always work on my abs...I feel like for me, they're the toughest part to get fit. Btw, side lunges are so hard!! I'm always sore after!

    ReplyDelete