Everyone knows that eating right can help your chances of fitting into those skinny jeans, improve your overall health, etc. However, scientists have recently discovered that certain nutrients make you...shall I say it?...more attractive!
1. Banish Breakouts
- Pumpkin seeds! They are packed with zinc so they can be THE antidote for those pesky blemishes! A recent study found that those with acne tend to be zinc-deficient. Aim for one to two tablespoons a day!
2. De-Puff Your Face
- Consume watercress daily! It is PACKED with antioxidants (which reduce inflammation and pore size), and iron (helps give you a glow) ! It also may raise antioxidant levels in your blood and reduce DNA damage. Who knew??
3. Make Your Eyes Pop
- Spinach! A study showed that lutein is KEY in protecting your eyes and may help make them brighter and whiter. One to two cups a day is recommended, which is basically one big spinach salad. Don't like spinach in a salad? Throw it in your juicer and drink a glass of it!
4. Reveal a Megawatt Grin
- You know the saying "an apple a day will keep the doctor away"? Well, in this case it's true- with that doctor being your dentist! This crunchy and satisfying snack has been actually known to buff away the stains left behind by tea, coffee, and wine. Now you don't have to give up the good stuff because people says they stain your teeth!
5. Get Blake Lively-esque Locks
- Green beans! These skinny friends are high in silicon-which was shown to give people significantly stronger and thicker hair in just 9 months! Bring a microwaveable bag for an afternoon snack!
6. Condition Dry Skin
- Hate those scaly patches that creep up when you least expect them (or want them)? Flaxseed is the answer! It contains omega-3 fatty acids, which help hydrate skin and keep it as soft as a baby's backside. Drizzle some flaxseed oil on a salad, add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed to some oatmeal or yogurt, or bake some into your next batch of cookies!
7. Ensure Future MILF Status
- Eating your kiwis could mean looking like Angelina Jolie one day. They are a great source of vitamin C, which can slow down aging by stimulating collagen production. The more collagen you have, the more firmer and tighter your skin will be!
8. Beef Up Your Nails
- Down those eggs! If you consume that biotin several times a week, research reveals that the nutrient can give your nails the superstrength you want! You won't be hearing "I broke a nail!" ever again!
Do you know of any other foods that are the key to the "Fountain of Youth"??
Here is to hoping for perkier, tighter, smoother, and brighter days...on your own two feet...
Until the next step bloggers...